Poetry

The target of poetry is the soul. The goal is to attract the soul like a flower attracts a butterfly. But sometimes it is a thistle on which the butterfly lands. Who can predict the pattern of a butterfly’s flit? Poetry changes our flit plans, not always predictably.





Thursday, April 01, 2004

Journaling

I'm starting up this journal again after reading about the value of journaling from Rick Warren's book, The Purpose Driven Life. I've started many journals and they all lasted only a short time - Either I run out of ideas or time or brain memory cells. Probably most of my ideas are too intricate. I do that a lot - make a plan that crosses all the t's and then it is to complicated and time consuming to maintain. I'm going to start at a lower level here - just write something on as many days as I can.


My turn for Sunday's sermon I am thinking of using Mary's anointing of Jesus. She was criticized for how she exercised her devotion. The point will be - Others may not agree with our kind of devotion to God but that doesn't make it wrong. There are a few tests for real devotion/Christianity. 1. Devotion must be toward Jesus. 2. Devotion must recognize who He is. 3. It may be expensive or it may be a mite. I'll see if I can extract any more from the passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment