Poetry

The target of poetry is the soul. The goal is to attract the soul like a flower attracts a butterfly. But sometimes it is a thistle on which the butterfly lands. Who can predict the pattern of a butterfly’s flit? Poetry changes our flit plans, not always predictably.





Friday, April 09, 2004

Tiger Love

I'm not very well taught in love so don't listen to me. Just skip over this to tomorrow - things will get better.

That is not to say I am incapable of love. I love fiercely, like a tiger; I love dramatically, like a torrid novel; Love bursts in me like molten lava, like Old Faithful, like Mount Saint Helens. It just don't get out very well. "In me," did you catch that - in me! Inside of me, that means, like a tiger caged, like a torrid novel unread, like Old Faithful, capped! In me. Inside of me. . .

Don't you dare say I do not love. I have had that knife nick my ribs till marrow bled. And it hurt a lot, and that tiger eventually died.

But now the tiger lives again and feels more alive than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment