Poetry

The target of poetry is the soul. The goal is to attract the soul like a flower attracts a butterfly. But sometimes it is a thistle on which the butterfly lands. Who can predict the pattern of a butterfly’s flit? Poetry changes our flit plans, not always predictably.





Wednesday, May 06, 2015




The Root

 
There was a root in the Garden of Eden
That stuck out of the ground
An innocent root caught Adams toe
And cracked his new made crown
 
Why did you put that root right there
Said Adam to his maker
To punish me upon my pate?
And make of me a Quaker?
 
Dear Adam, said Creator God
What world would this world be
If all creation served the goal
Of your security
 
Where would the stories start or end
Tell what would be the plot
And how would heroes fight the fight
Gainst danger that is not.
 
You are the maker of your fate
I am the God of risk
You have the power of yes and no
Great stories come from this.
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved this Curt, especially the line, "I am the God of risk".
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete